Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"With this ring, I thee wed"

Sicking with our family motto: "The best things in life are unplanned", Jeremy and I decided to elope on Friday January 7th!

We do realize that our decision to get married the way we did may not have been the popular choice however, we did what we felt was best for our new family.

I have to admit, while it wasn't the way I ever imagined I would be married, it was definitely memorable, quaint, sweet, and, cheesey all rolled into one!

We were married by a Reverend I found online. She welcomed us into her condo located 45 minutes away from the town we live in. She greeted us at the door while announcing she had just finished shoveling her drive. She directed us up the stairs and around the corner into her living room. She took our coats and we were seated on the couch. She discussed the flow of the ceremony and told us how she would prompt us for our speaking parts in the ceremony. It was exactly like any other ceremony but, with only us and her, and it was in her living room. She had a small corner of her living room lighlty decorated with a wedding arch and some flowers. It was sweet. She was the nicest lady we had ever met. Jeremy and I were both skeptical at first and expected to (quite frankly) be mugged and potentially murdered while we were there but, Rev. Lynn really made us feel comfortable and at home. She laughed and joked with us before and after the ceremony and throughly answered all of our questions before anything was done.

Regardless of how we got married and who was or wasn't there, I am just thrilled to bits to be married to the man of my dreams and the father our two sweet precious baby boys!

Speaking of the boys, they are doing wonderful!

The boys continue to grow. Nolan is 3lbs 8oz and Logan is 3lbs 9oz. Currently we are stuck in this waiting game of sleeping, eating, and growing. This is the slowest part of our experience so far. I find it a little frustrating that "all we can do is wait". I am just getting antsy. We both are. We want our babies home with us. We want them well and strong but, we want to fast forward to "going home day!" It is so close we can taste it and so far away that it sucks! I just feel as though I am losing momentum and am starting to get more aggravated with small things that are happening with the boys. Like this cold of Logans, I am absolutely livid that he is still sick. I am not sick, Jeremy is not sick, no one in our home is sick. Our dog isn't even sick! You mean to tell me that a baby in the same nursery as him gets sick, he catches it and is stuck in isolation. This baby that started the sickness....he got to go home two days after the sickness was discovered! Where is the fairness in that?! Why is that baby allowed to give Logan his germs (I know this thought process is not entirely rational but, I am allowed to be irrational every now and then!) and make him sick and not be able to be held by his Mommy and Daddy and then HE gets to go home with his family?! UNFAIR! I have voiced my frustration (to no avail) over and over with Logan's primary nurses. I am just over the NICU experience. Not that it has been bad. We have acutally been very lucky that they have done so well. I think because of how well they have done thus far is actually why we were getting so antsy and frustrated that they are still there.

The boys are 33 weeks as of yesterday and will be 8 weeks this Saturday! I can hardly believe it has been nearly 2 months since giving birth and welcoming them into this crazy beautiful life! With this age comes BOTTLE FEEDING! We have been working on introducing a pacifier to the boys. Using the pacifier during a feed is supposed to help the baby associate a full tummy with sucking. The more you suck the fuller the tummy-sorta. Preemies typically start nippling anywhere between 32-34 weeks. Hopefully this week we can give it a shot. Im just ready for something new. Something to wake me up and get me out of this funk I seem to have slipped into! I just want to actively see the boys advancing towards coming home. The waiting game is not my cup of tea!

Here is a picture of Nolan during a feed trying to get him to take his paci. He actually did a very good job with it. I think he will catch on faster than Logan with this.

3 comments:

  1. Well aren't you just a writer awaiting to happen!!! :) Glad to hear the boys are doing good :) And congratulations on getting Married :) Some people may not agree with it, but you did what you felt was right...A wedding doesn't determine how your marriage will be, or how it turns out. I pray that they boys get to come home too you and Jeremy soon!!! I love hearing about how they are doing, and how well their learning things :) Your going to be a great and loving Mom when these boys finally get to come home to you :) Hearing about the frustrations and how your getting antsy already tells me that your a great mom :) Your worrying about your little boys. But you, and your family will remain in my prayers. Once again congratulations on getting Married!!!
    Love you all,
    Kayela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you & for getting married!! I don't care how "unpopular" it may be. I have no problems with it... I just want to know what took so long??!?! ;) ;) *says the girl who was engaged a whole 4 months before getting married* (talk about unpopular!)
    Glad the boys are doing well, other than the yucky cold. Keep your head up, girl, this too shall pass! It seems like it's taking forever right now, but your boys will be home where the belong before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm home today as I couldn't make it into Solon... Ugh. I'm glad I had time to catch up on the Blog and am very happy for you and the "family"... Patience my dear child...Patience. You will need that as a mom, so I'm told. February will be here before we all know it - and the boys will be home in their own beds :). Keep writing as I enjoy the updates :) Luv Aunt Mimi

    ReplyDelete